26 de noviembre de 2012

GETTING MONEY TO START: EXERCISES UNIT 3












imagen



REVIEW EXERCISES:
                              
1# FILL IN THE BLANKS USING THE FOLLOWING WORDS: loan, to start, saved, staff, apply for, invest, borrow.

- The bank manager asked me how much money would I need _______________  my restaurant.

- Manuel thought he would need a ___________  of three workers to start with.

- Manuel had ___________  $ 18.000 while he was working as Head Waiter. However he would use this money to ___________  in buying the furniture and the machinery.

- He needs to ____________   some money for the supplies. The ______________  won´t be too much, only a few hundred dollars and that's all. Manuel will ____________  it in two days.

2# PUT THE WORDS FROM THESE SENTENCES IN THE RIGHT ORDER

- an/ Every/ idea/ new/ business/ begins/ with/
- specialize/ The/ will /restaurant/ food/ in/ Spanish.
- Will/ It /40 /seat/customers/ about.
-  The/ will/ finance/ help/ you/equipment/ company/

3# Imagine you are going to start a restaurant. You will need someone to serve and to cook. Write down the name of those jobs.

4# FILL IN THE GAPS USING ONE OF THE TWO ITALIC WORDS GIVEN:

- You don't want to buy a location but paying monthly an amount of money. In this case we need to________ a location : loan/rent
- I must have an __________ that can cover all the risks of my business: insurance/ money
- An _____________ is very important if we want to promote our business in the area: insurance/ advertisement.
It's very difficult to make _________ during the first three months: profits/expenses

5# ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS WITH YOUR OWN OPINION

# If you needed money to start your business, where would you go to ask for a loan?
If I needed money to start my business, I would go to _____________________________________________________ to ask for a loan.

6 # Imagine you are going to start your own business, write down some examples of some expenses you may have
If I were going to start my own business, I would have to spend money on…

7 # You have been working as a waiter and have saved 3.000€ , where would you invest your money?

8# Fill in the blanks using these missing words: start, borrow, bank, lend,

# I have saved some money so I need to go to a __________ because I can get some profits.
# I´m going to buy a car for my business but I´ll need to _________ some money.
# I would like to have my own restaurant, I think I will __________ my own business.
# I went to the bank to ask for a loan. They are going to ________ me 12.000€

9 # Translate:

- If a person needs to go to the bank to ask for money, this means he will borrow money from the bank.
Let´s say you have tried to borrow from friends and relatives, but they just aren´t able to help right now. To get the money to start your business, you´ll need to go to a lender-a bank or government agency. You will need to provie a lot of information to prove that you are a good business risk. Lenders will want:

10 # Fill out the statement of financial need for Carlos Cálomer who is about to open his own restaurant. These are the expenses:

Food                                                 200€
Drinks                                               500€
Furniture and equipment:              15.000€
Advertising and promotion                 250€
Electricity license and phone              100€
Insurance                                          300€
Leasing                                             200€
Salary                                               950€
Money on cash                               9.000€
Personal loan                                  18.000€

GOOD LUCK!!!

If you have been reading till this point you are lucky because you will discover that these are the questions I will make for the exam!!: five of these 10 exercises and the vocabulary too!!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario